Experiences of interns from BYU working in various parts of Japan.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Back Log For weeks 11-13

I didn't know we were getting graded for our reponses. Is that true Landon?
Anyway I think I forgot two weeks worth too, but only because two weeks ago I found out I'm going home 2 weeks early. YES!!!! And I had a lot of errands to tie up my experience here. So, I'll give you the last three weeks and my last day so you know what I've been up to.

July 10 ā€“ 14, 2006
Iā€™m translating more catalogs into English. (these are catalogs that won't be sold in english countries, they're really reaching for thing for me to do.) They won't need the translation for several more years at least.

July 17 ā€“ 21, 2006
Same as last week. Except I get to go home early because apparently they figured I would rather go home to see my wife and new born baby, than sit around doing worthless translations. Praying helps. So does a little bit of discussion.

July 24 ā€“ 28, 2006
On Tuesday, they gave me two reports that NBK employees had written about a subsidiary company they toured recently in Indonesia. They wanted them translated before the weekend. I had no time to do anything else this week because we also had our pool side party and I helped clean the pool. That was the funnest day of the whole internship.

July 31, 2006
It's my last day of work and I feel great. Only a meeting to endure then I'm off to America. I spent the day wrapping up my translation assignment and getting ready to go home. There's still no end to how much money Japan is squeezing out of my pockets. That's my final complaint for you. If you can live in this hole without signing up for anything it's better that way. At least you don't have to pay for months of stuff you're not going to use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home