Experiences of interns from BYU working in various parts of Japan.

Friday, July 07, 2006

July has come

This week I worked on some English to Japanese translation at the beginning which was actually kind of fun. Once I finished that though it was back to the catalogue. The more I translate this thing the easier it gets and the faster I can do it. However it is also really boring translating the same thing over again. One good thing is that my boss told me I will probably be doing a presentation on the translating software that some of the people here use and all the things I have learned about it so far. So I spent half of the day yesterday figuring out more stuff about the software. It is pretty cool in theory but a lot of the functions don’t work the way they should. Anyway it will be interesting to continue studying that and give a presentation on it.
I also found out I will be making another trip out of the office. YES!! I am going to visit one of our customer’s sites in Saitama on the day they start receiving. I am taking my boss’s place as a translator if they really need it. Hopefully nothing goes wrong and I can just chill there for two days. It will be cool to see how it works when they start receiving stuff though. Well that is about it for this week. I am really hoping the weather is nice this weekend. This sames like a pretty dry rainy season but you never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home