Experiences of interns from BYU working in various parts of Japan.

Monday, July 03, 2006

The weeks are lessening...

June 26 – 30, 2006
I look at all of the blog posts and I think, Dang, I've been here forever and some of you got here after me and are going home before me. It's not fair. Today (the 4th of July) is my two month mark and I still have another 6 weeks. I can't wait to get out of here.
My entire weeks blend together; a good and a bad thing. It’s a good thing because things are finally starting to go quickly. It’s a bad thing because sometimes I don’t remember that I was supposed to post a posting until Tuesday of the following week. At least, if things keep going quickly I won’t have to deal with my extreme “trunkiness” for very much longer. I know a couple of you know exactly what I mean. I’m over this experience already, it wasn't fun and I have so many better things I want to get to…
Ok. Last week, I finished the translation of the catalog and started my final revising. I’m finished as of 9:00am on Tuesday, July 4, 2006; just in time for the deadline. Actually, I put off to giving it to them until I was sure they wouldn’t be able to revise it all without messing it up profusely. But I guess even if I gave it to them now, they could force someone to stay up all night and destroy what I’ve accomplished in the last month. Maybe I’ll delay it until after lunch, that way I can also enjoy my freedom. This is the first time I’ve found myself caught up since I got here. I’m finally in the situation that every other intern before us said we would be in when we got here. I have nothing to do. So, I don’t really feel bad about doing homework during work, because every other intern wasted time at their company, and this is my first chance. It’s actually a big relief compared to normal. Anyway that’s my week
I’m also scared that if I tell them I have nothing to do they’ll send me back to the factories. I won’t put up with that. If they do, I’m not staying in Japan. There’s no way in Hades that I’m staying here another month and then some just to work in the factory. I could do that in America. Actually, thus far all of the work I’ve done could have been done from America. If being a part of a Japanese company was the purpose in an internship, I got the point. I kept thinking an internship would be some cool experience where everyday counts, but internships stink, the only thing I find purpose in is Payday. Payday’s in a week. I won’t even bat an eyelash if I decide to go home. (That’s only if they send me back to the factory) So we’ll see.

Hey, Landon, if they send me to the factories, do I need to talk to you about that before I make a decision?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home