Experiences of interns from BYU working in various parts of Japan.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A busy week

Today was an interesting day. We've been having weekly meetings with all the other interns where we have lunch and someone comes and speaks to us. Today, a headhunter from A.T. Kearney came and talked about career development. Turns out he was a mission president in Nagoya a few years back and a former BYU teacher. I liked the presentation. It was pretty interesting.

This evening there was a reception at Goldman Sachs. Also very interesting. I talked to people in varioius divisions of the business and enjoyed their building on the 47th floor of the Mori Building in Roppongi Hills.

We are going to a baseball game on Thursday, Swallows vs. Dragons with the interns.

As far as the actual work, it is going good. I compare my job to a person who learns about cars by being a repair mechanic rather that someone who learns about them by assembling them in a factory. I see all the things that go wrong, and have to understand why they when wrong and how to fix them.

I went to Kamakura with Omar and my wife's sister and brother in law. Good times. I went to Karaoke for the first time. It was this really cool, quirky, fun room in a Shidax. We belted some tunes. I really love this city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home