Experiences of interns from BYU working in various parts of Japan.

Friday, June 23, 2006

You can't take a picture of a firefly with a keitai

I went to this place where you can see fireflies on Sunday. Everyone was trying to take pictures with their cell phones. It just doesn't work people. At least I got a laugh out of it. Well this week has just been translating sections of manuals. It gets old really quick but is kind of fun because I get to see the final product. It is also fun to learn the programs they use to do this type of work. A lot of it is pretty simple but very useful. Without it formatting these documents would take quite a while. My boss is still looking for a good place to take me to go visit some customers. I am getting pretty tired of the office. I was really glad when I got to leave and get my gaijin card last week. Anyway nothing much else is going on.
I think it is interesting how people react to the world cup. My section was talking about it yesterday. All of the Japanese people agreed that they needed to get up at 4 am and watch the game against Brazil. It was funny because Japan had no chance of defeating Brazil and to wake up that early to watch it is strange to me. Especially since I don’t really even like soccer. Just anything cultural difference I guess. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home