Experiences of interns from BYU working in various parts of Japan.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Week somenumber

June 12th – 16th, 2006
My daughter Lilia Rachel Keanaaina was born on Thursday, June 15th, 2006 at 7:34p.m. I participated via Webcam. She was born at 8lbs. 0oz. and 20inches long. That’s 3638 grams and 50.8 cm in the Japanese version. My wife and daughter are both happy and doing fine. Happy Father’s Day!!!
This week I worked on more catalog translations which was major boring crap. (Can we write crap in our reports? If not, just pretend I said stuff.) I was also asked to draft a License Agreement for rights to a German clamp design that My Company is planning to or already using. Basically, the gist of the operation is that, even though in Japan it’s not necessary to worry about patents or copyrights, in order to maintain a desirable business relationship between the two companies, My Company wants to show forth their willingness to pay royalties to the amount of 5% of the gross income of every product (hereinafter referred to as the Licensed Materials) in compliance to German and International Laws which govern the use of said patents and/or copyrights, to accomplish that end.
That is all for now. Although, I noticed that if I tell my company what Jon’s doing at his company my company tries to follow suit, so maybe they’ll be sending me to Tokyo soon too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home