Experiences of interns from BYU working in various parts of Japan.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Week 2

Things are starting to pick up around here. I finished a couple of projects this week and my boss came back and told everyone to make me do stuff. So I am still just translating but I am getting faster as I understand the subject matter and the corresponding English and Japanese. My boss also asked me to do a project that I basically have no idea how to do but it will be fun to try. He wants me to set up a WIKI for the company so it will be easier for the people translating. It will be a dictionary of specialized terms and things and the contexts in which they are used. And the user will be able to modify it or at least add to it. Anyway I have to figure out about servers and WIKIs and all sorts of things I don’t really know about. But it will be a really good experience.
I went to Osu on Saturday with a member and we had fun going to the various shops there. I also tried miso-katsu which was pretty good. We also stopped by Ichirou’s house, it was pretty fun. I hope that everyone is doing well and having fun. It is starting to get uncomfortably hot around here. Anyway that is all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home