Experiences of interns from BYU working in various parts of Japan.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Week 3

Stephen here,
I have been pretty busy translating more documents and presentations. That is about all that I have been doing around here. I found out that I will be going down to Shiga in a couple of weeks to do some translating for some English speakers so that will be a nice break from sitting in front of a computer all day. Also I will be able to see the big demonstration building that Daifuku has in Shiga. The other nice thing is that I will probably be interpreting for the presentation I am translating right now. So that will really help with knowing the material. I did get some feedback this week from one of my co-workers which is pretty good. It was actually funny because the document she was giving me feedback on I had already gone over with my boss and fixed most of the problems. I don’t know why she had the old one but we caught a couple more mistakes that way so it was good.
This weekend I am going to go to a translation training meeting at church on Saturday. There are lots of non-Japanese in the ward so translation is a big deal. Also on Sunday I will be giving my first lesson to the Sunday school youth class. I still have a lot of preparation to do for both but it will be interesting to see how things turn out. I think that after this weekend things will really start to get routine and the time will fly by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home